Agrain economy of Andhra pradesh to witness a growth?
Last Updated on
Originally posted 2018-11-10 05:25:43.
More than 60 percent of the population Of Andhra Pradesh is dependent on Agriculture. Practicing right agricultural methods to cope up with the climate change, hence becomes important. As most of the state practices rain-fed agriculture, knowledge about precipitation, soil moisture and other agrohydrological parameters would benefit farmers to implement precision irrigation and thus can optimize the usage of water.
The average soil moisture map for the month of October shows that the state is having moderate soil moisture which may be an indicator of good yield this harvesting season. The map has been prepared by Satyukt Analytics Pvt Ltd as an attempt to make hydrologic data understandable to the public. The soil moisture is prepared by merging data from multiple satellites using the vikleda algorithm.
Some of the applications where soil moisture is useful are:
- Optimal irrigation in farms
- Identify areas being over-irrigated
- Improved flood risk estimation
- Monitor agricultural drought in near real-time
- Improved weather forecast
- Analyze the impact of an irrigation project
- Identify the irrigated area by an irrigation source
- Automatic billing of farm based on the actual irrigation
- Estimation of actual evapotranspiration taking place
- Estimation of area getting degraded
To watch your region in near real time, please check our service VATI